January 19, 2012

The Big Apple

We had an amazing time in NYC... we basically spent 4 days eating, walking, eating, walking, and shopping. I learned 3 important lessons while there. 1) I'm pregnant and can't run around like a non-prego person anymore 2) We've become total wimps with cold weather. 3) I think college is overrated and want my daughter to become a chef.

With the help of our foodie friend, Andy Sabola, we had quite the lineup for our gorgefest:
Thursday: Saxon+Parole
Friday: Momofuko, Giorgione's
Saturday: Dutch, Casa Mono
Sunday: Pulino's

My neurotic and anal retentive ways are setting in, and I'm in full blown nesting mode. I think it's probably premature, but maybe the baby is a planner like me and is sending subliminal messages? Even though we just moved into the new house in May, I'm suddenly interested in reorganizing every closet and purging non-essentials to make room for baby paraphernalia.

I had my 30 week appointment this week, and the doctor is pleased with measurements/weight/movement/overall health. We feel very fortunate to have had a smooth pregnancy and seemingly healthy baby. We can't wait to meet our daughter - the big birthday will be here before we know it:)

New World Trade Center site - our first hotel was right across the street
Justin anxiously awaiting lunch at Momofuko - props to David Chang's culinary delights
Converse anyone?
Wonderful dinner out with one of my oldest friends, Meredith Imber. Great to catch up with Mer and her new husband, Greg.
All things Lebowski. Too bad the shop wasn't open yet...
Ridic brunch at Dutch. Fried chicken and honey butter biscuits before noon? Yes, please!
In heaven sitting at the chef's counter at Casa Mono.
30 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment