January 8, 2012

3rd Trimester

As we dive into the 3rd trimester, we're now realizing everything we have to accomplish before our daughter's birthday... an exciting yet somewhat anxiety ridden time.

We had our 28 week (4D) sonogram this week, and it was incredible at just how much you can see. I immediately started crying as I saw our baby's nose and mouth form up on the screen. Baby T in 4D made pending parenthood all the more real. While she still looks sort of like an alien (a beautiful alien), we are beyond thrilled with our new mug shots. It's all we can do to not look at them 82 times a day.

We think she has Daddy's mouth and Mommy's nose.

Hopefully she's this peaceful out of the womb...


Apparently, our baby girl is in the 63rd percentile, so we're wondering if she really ours:) Baby T already weighs 3 pounds, and if she continues on this path without plateauing, we'll have a ~9 lb baby... yikes.

Lately, I've had every stranger known to man tell me that I'm having a boy, even AFTER I tell them that we're having a girl. I expressed my concern to the sonographer, and she assured me that Baby T has girl parts.

We made a trip to Dallas yesterday to pick up my mom mobile. Goodbye Chicago "city" sedan, hello SUV. While it feels huge to me right now, I'm sure the new wheels will seem much smaller once the stroller, car seat, and baby paraphernalia is loaded in.

We are headed to NYC this week. Justin has his annual sales meeting, and I just ride his coattails and soak in some urban living. We miss living in a big city, so this gives us the opportunity to live the fast life for a week in the Big Apple. Visiting friends and colleagues, cheering on the Jayhawks at a local KU bar, and eating our way through NYC - I'm sure to come back exhausted, but we can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Yippee for 4D pictures!! She is GORGEOUS... I can already tell. Can't wait to meet her in just a few short months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics! What a sweetie - enjoy this time, anxiety-ridden as it may be. :)

    ReplyDelete