February 1, 2012

Sweet Home Chicago

We had the best time in Chicago last weekend! We miss our friends and the city, but we do not miss the winters.

Our incredibly thoughtful friends, Erin McGiffert and Lindsey Clancey, threw us a beautiful baby shower. It was great to catch up with old friends and visit what we still consider home. The food was delicious, thanks to Linds and Erin slaving away in the kitchen all day. And what baby shower isn't complete with a little gambling? Shut the Box was a bit hit. We were showered with amazing gifts... it's safe to say that our daughter is already spoiled rotten!

We were also lucky enough to have Justin's parents come down for the party - they get the MVP award for traveling the farthest;)

All is well with the baby - my belly is getting huge, and I'm much slower (both physically and mentally) these days. I'm in full on nesting mode, and I hope that Justin is prepared to put up with my antics over the coming weeks. Finalizing the nursery, buying the gear, reading up on childbirth - lots to do!

We are mildly obsessed with Olivia Clancey. Most well behaved 4 month old EVER. All bundled up ready for lunch at Southport Grocer with the grownups.
We joined the Chicago crew for the bi-weekly installment of Pizza Pals. Sono was a hit!
Lucky parents, lucky baby, to be showered with so much love from friends and family;)
I think I ate my weight in cake balls.
31 weeks and growing







No comments:

Post a Comment