May 13, 2012

Lessons I've Learned

Over the past 7 weeks, I've learned a few lessons in motherhood:

: My patience has been tested beyond what I ever thought possible
: I have a new definition of "good" sleep
: I've become a master of stain removal
: I can do many things one handed
: Showers longer than 60 seconds are a treat
: Balanced meals are a rarity (ie my breakfast of tortilla chips and Fresca this morning)
: I'm more concerned with Ellie's wardrobe than my own
: Morning snuggle time with Ellie is my favorite part of the day
: Jim James of MMJ continues to save my arse with "Wonderful," Ellie's favorite lullaby

The biggest lesson I've learned is that motherhood is the most gratifying role of my life. After marrying the love of my life, I never thought I could replicate that unconditional love... Ellie has certainly proved otherwise. My sweet, sweet Ellie - thank you for joining our family and teaching me all that you do! We are officially obsessed with you and look forward to seeing your grow.

Thank you to all of the maternal role models in my life that have paved the way - Mom, Lynn, Grandma Betty, Grandma Pat, Grandma Cini, Great Grandmas Ruth, Jessie, and Helen, and Great Great Grandma Nellie (and of course all of the fabulous aunts!). What an amazing legacy my daughter has in all of you!

Ellie learned to smile this week and hit the ground running! Check out all of the practice she got this week...

And some action shots (excuse my embarrassing commentary):

Game Face
Party Dress in honor of Anthony's birthday shindig
Lots to love;)
My new favorite body part




1 comment: