May 22, 2012

2 months!

Our sweet baby girl just turned 2 months... I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. You would think that a sleep deprived mother would think the time had crawled, but that just isn't so (strange, right?).

I took her to her 2 month check up yesterday and was greeted in the doctor's parking lot by this fella, aggressively strutting and shrieking:


At first I thought I was seeing things due to my 3 hours of sleep the night before. Not so. I quickly went from shock to panic and then launched into a momma-bear-protecting-her-cub phase. All I could do was picture this creature pecking Ellie's eyes out as I tried to enter the doctor's office. After a 5 minute standoff (I was the first appointment and only car in the parking lot), I called the doctor's office to let them know I was late due to a peacock blocking the entrance. They giggled and let me know that the peacock lived there and was harmless. How did this nugget of info not come up in our last 2 visits?

As I hung up the phone, a lovely mother in a minivan pulls up and also starts laughing at me. As she approaches the entrance, she says, "This must be your first time seeing the peacock?" She was nice enough to distract the peacock long enough for me to enter the building. And I thought Ellie's shots were going to be the most action I saw yesterday...

Ellie was a trooper with the shots. She cried for about 20 seconds and then was over it. Poor baby then suffered a fever and several vomiting episodes later that day. As painful as it was for her, I think it was more painful for me to see her in pain and not be able to help her.

On a more positive front - Ellie's 2 month stats:

50% in height (22.5 inches)
75% in weight (11.5 lbs)
50% in head circumference (39 cm)

A+ on neck control, A+ on cooing, A+ on muscle tone, A+ on sleeping, A+ on alertness, A+ on breastfeeding, F on bottle feeding

While I would love nothing more than an honor roll infant, she's really throwing off her GPA with her failing the bottle. We have tried everything under the sun, and this little diva just won't take the damn bottle. She thinks she's winning, but we are going to continue the daily dueling of the bottle. Right now, it's Ellie - 1, Parents - 0, but we're bound and determined to win this match.

Some pictures from the last couple of weeks...

Rockin' her first pair of shorts, thanks to Nana
Ellie's been able to roll onto her side since she was about 4 weeks old. So advanced;)
Sleeping Beauty
Snuggle time with Daddy
Papaw came to visit from Kansas City. Ellie loved the extra attention...
First trip to the pool, and she did it in style. We decided that this is definitely an Eleanor (not Ellie) ensemble. Classy gal, with the exception of the right nipple popping out.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA omg I'm dying of laughter after reading your update...and the caption on the last picture with the swimsuit is just hilarious. That is one cute little girl!! Seems like things are going well, minus the bottlefeeding :) Such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought every doctor's office had a peacock, no? Love the bathing beauty pic- nipple and all!

    ReplyDelete