July 21, 2014

4 Month Fish!

Fish is four months! Ok, really he's 4.5 months now since I couldn't get my sh#! together to post in time. But really he's become such a sweet little thing (most of the time). Fisher rolled over on his 4 month birthday and has been gaining speed ever since. Our little buddy log rolls his way around his crib and on the floor. When he sees something that he wants (read: something he wants to shove in his mouth and slobber all over), he gets this intense look in his eyes and is determined to wiggle his way to the prize. I have a feeling he'll be an early crawler.

We've found that Fisher's way to soothe himself (since he can't commit to sucking his fingers or keeping his binky in by himself) is to hold onto 2-4 loveys at a time. He's always flailed his arms as he tries to relax to sleep, and it dawned on me a few weeks ago to give him something to hold onto. Bingo! You can usually find him nuzzled into a lovey in the corner of his crib.

Fisher continues to be a sensitive mama's boy and has given us a run for our money as far as naps are concerned. He insists on cat napping throughout the day, rather than taking the 3 substantial naps that he's supposed to be taking at his age. I'm working on Nap Bootcamp - stay tuned on that front.

4 month stats in order!

Height: 20%
Weight: 30%
Head: 40%

In Eleanor news...

: Our daughter LOVES school. During the first week, she threw a fit when we came to pick her up in the afternoon. The first couple of weeks wore her out, and she often was in bed by 6:30 pm. She's learning the routine and is all about her friends at school and the various fun activities.

One of the first days that I picked her up, I didn't realize that it was right before their recess time. I went into school to find her eating snacks with her classmates. She stared and me, stomped her feet, and said, "Mommy, it's outside time next. I'm not going home!" Let's just say I participated in outside time that day with the kiddos - no way I was pulling her away from the fun.

: We hosted an HOA meeting with our neighbors last week. We decided to let Eleanor stay up late, and thank goodness we did because our neighbor friend, Jack, came over to play. Jack is 4-years-old and happens to attend the same preschool. While the adults sat and discussed pretty boring homeowner matters, the two kiddos had a blast playing with one another. At one point, we hear Eleanor shout, "Jack, I love you... do you want to dance with me?" And then a dance party ensued. When Eleanor woke up the next day she says, "Momm, Jack showed me his dance moves last night. That was really great."

: We started Eleanor on swim lessons (again). She took them as an infant, and then we quit. So, we're basically starting from scratch. She did remarkably well at her first lesson last week and seems to love being in the water.

: We're making headway on the potty training front. Eleanor has shown a recent interest in wanting to sit on the potty and will go every now and then. She's the youngest in her class at school, so I'm sure this has to do with peer pressure with the big kids and wanting to keep up. We're all about positive reinforcement and hoping we soon turn into a household with only 1 babe in diapers.

On that front, Eleanor has become quite intrigued with anatomy. She's asked to see mommy's vagina and daddy's penis in the last week. We try to explain to her that those are private parts, but I'm not so sure she's catching on. Here's to hoping this is a phase!

: Our daughter literally NEVER stops talking. She would talk to a brick wall if given the opportunity. In the car on the way to school a few days ago was the following stream of consciousness banter (literally no breaths in between comments): "Mommy, I love Grammy and Papa Jack, they're so nice to me / I'm going to take a nap at school today / I'm a big girl / I like boys / I'm happy / Eei-eei-oh! / Oh my darlin' oh my darlin' oh my daaaaaarlin' Clementine..."


FOUR






Sister supervising Brother
Swim lessons with Daddy.

That smile!

Teething boy.

Not impressed.

No big deal just a Sunday cycling session donning her Pac Man t-shirt and tutu.

Play date with birthday buddy Nora ended in a little Daniel Tiger viewing.

And the babies checking each other out. Fisher looks completely disgusted. Perhaps he was just intimidated by the beautiful and engaging Lila.




Testing out the new exersaucer, sometime also referred to as the Ring of Neglection.
Justin's first attempt at a pony tail. We'll get there...

Poolside with Laura

Just another Sunday cooking with Mommy.



Uncle Dede comes to town. A little Sibling Train action.

Laughs at brunch.

Showing E the cool kid handshake.









Happy boy - loves his bath time.


aaaaaand 30 minutes later trying to go to bed...





No comments:

Post a Comment