March 1, 2014

House Progression

Still no brother, so we (im)patiently wait. I'm physically MORE than ready for the big birthday... I've been pretty uncomfortable for about a month now, and though you're never truly ready to bring life into this world, I'm as ready as I can be.

I went to the doctor this week, and I continue to progress, and the baby continues to drop. I seriously been like I'm wearing him around my ankles right now, which is evident by my old lady shuffle/walk. Funny thing - apparently, I've had the wrong due date this entire time. When I was in the doctor's office on Wednesday, the doctors say, "So, next Wednesday is the big day!" Perplexed, I asked her what she meant by that. Her very confused reply was, "Your DUE date??" I calmly said, "No, my due date is next Saturday (3/8, not 3/5)." Anyway, after much deliberation, it turns out the doctor is correct. Yet another piece of evidence that this is my second child;)

So, since we don't have baby pics to share quite yet, I thought I'd give a brief update on the house progress before I'm unable to consistently stalk our house every few days. We're hoping to close in about a month, and then we have some work we're doing in the house pre-move. Our tentative move date is April 18, and we can hardly wait.

Sidewalk from the back alley to our front door (on the right side).

Courtyard entry/front door. The giant wall on the left will be stuccoed so that it no longer looks like a prison wall. The courtyard will be landscaped as well so that it doesn't look like a holding cell. A gate will be installed where Eleanor is standing.

Soon to be pool decking on the left.

Side view of the house and future home of the pool. The living room/covered patio is on the left and windows to the office/guest bedroom on the lower right.

View from covered patio - living room, then dining room, then kitchen.

Deck off kitchen/dining area for grilling. Connects to back alley and side yard/pool.

Sliding doors to dining room/kitchen.

Moroccan backsplash tile. Pretty bold, but the grout and appliances will soften it a bit.

Future home of range and vent hood.

Hardwood floors on stairs and 2nd story of the house.

Plumbing fixtures now in.

Eleanor exclaiming, "Cheers, this is Ellie's closet!"



1 comment:

  1. The house looks amazing!! We also impatiently wait, although I think the near constant barrage of emails/texts/calls compounds the difficulty of waiting! C'mon baby boy!

    ReplyDelete