July 12, 2012

Rockin' & Rollin'

Ok, I find it incredibly hard to believe that I can literally see Ellie growing and changing by the SECOND. I literally blink, and she does something new. Crazy, I tell you!

Last weekend, Ellie decided to sleep like a teenager and snooze until l0:00 a.m. both Saturday AND Sunday. What?!? Those sleepless nights that we shared just a couple of months ago now seem like a distant memory - thank God, otherwise Ellie would be an only child. Mommy loves her sleep!

Ellie rolled over for the first time on Monday, and it was hilarious to witness. She rolls over (only on her left side), and then gets her hand stuck under her and doesn't know how to flip back over. So, as she becomes stuck, she starts grunting until you flip her back over. Repeat, repeat, repeat - ALL day.

Last night, she decided to pull a fast one on me. I put her down for bed, and she starts shimmying all over the place. She threw in her move from above (flip over, get stuck, grunt). I run upstairs to rescue her, and as I flipped her over, she smirked at me and started giggling. This charade went on for about an hour - she clearly knew that she had me wrapped around her little chubby fingers. The silver lining was that I got a decent workout in running the stairs all night.

We've been working hard at mastering tummy time and pushing up. Justin was less than impressed with Ellie's skills and concerned that she was developmentally behind. I assured Justin that every baby develops at a different pace and that there was nothing to worry about. As of today, Ellie is a master at tummy time and pushing up. Daddy can rest easy (at least for now).

As I mentioned, we are so lucky to have our nanny, Laura, here to take such good care of Ellie. Laura accepts Ellie, quirks, crazy hair and all. We're looking forward to cooler weather so that Ellie and Laura can get out and about for daily field trips around Austin.

Ellie just LOVES being outside... we went to the pool last weekend. There are a ton of great spring fed pools around Austin, and I'm sure Ellie will soon be a regular. Our bathing beauty is great in the water and is pretty obsessed with people watching.

Some pics from the last week or so:

Deep Eddy Outing. Ellie loved all of the action.

Sunscreen hair

Pooped out

First generation Texan Thomas

Ellie's 1st 4th! She was a gem and slept through her parents setting off fireworks just steps from her bedroom.
Mastering tummy time

Ellie's happiest hour is right when she wakes up. Lots of giggling, cooing, rolling, kicking...

Ellie, show me pensive!

Ellie started to dabble in her "hook 'em" fingers 
Ellie is captivated by books. Goodnight Moon seems to be the favorite so far.

Nightly bath time is a must... Ellie relaxes the minutes she hits the water.

Such a happy girl

Right after her first full roll over - she looked up with a "holy crap, look what I just did" face. Photo courtesy of Laura;)

Ellie's buddy, Laura. Such a lucky girl!


Ellie has spent the last few days rolling over. All day, every day. But when we have the camera on her, she refuses to roll over. Here's a video of her NOT rolling over.



1 comment:

  1. Amazing pictures and I'm OBSESSED with that video! Could she be any cuter?!? I loved her fake out. :)

    ReplyDelete